Several people have asked me about creating slideshows. For WordPress bloggers, please see WordPress Support for Slideshows. Some things to note:
- The Slideshow option is visible when you have multiple photos uploaded.
I think the majority of people who ask have been Google/Blogspot bloggers. Please see Google support for Embedding albums, images and slideshows. Here are some items to note (using the default photo program for Google, Picasa Web Albums):
- The album must have some type of public Visibility. Visibility options are: “Public, on the web”; “Limited, anyone with the link” or, “Only you”. The options for Link and Embed are not visible if you have elected Visibility “Only you”.
- To edit the Visibility, you need to be viewing your album (See step 1 on the Slideshow help screen). The “Edit” button is on the right side of the icon of your album (right of screen). Select “Edit” and change the visibility to one of the public settings, then the Links and Embed options will be visible.
- Since I kept my albums visible to just myself, I created an album for the slideshow I did and made it “Limited…” visibility. I would imagine that album would be capable of hosting multiple slideshows, I just have not done that.
- Please be aware that the name of your account will show up with the slideshow. For some, that could be an issue.
06/13/12 Published on a Page
08/05/12 Published as a post